R45k – R55k inclusive of benefits
Our client who is based in Durban requires the services of a qualified Operations Manager in their Production Department. The successful incumbent will report directly to the Managing Director of the company and will be responsible for the Tactical to Strategic Management of Production Operations.
- Management of production team including supply chain, administrative support and mechanical support staff
- Managing Production KPI’s inter alia waste, overtime, people resources, etc whilst maintaining business targets on time in full
- Developing and managing continuous improvement plans to reduce plant losses & increase efficiency · Responsible for all machine and plant maintenance, including management of production assets, spare usage and costs
- Management of Production Teams including training, mentoring and performance management
- Partnering effectively with the SHEQ & Technical team to minimize health & safety incidents, customer complaints and customer returns
- Identifying problem areas and ensuring proper root cause analysis to prevent repeat occurrences
- Ensuring the accurate completion of batch manufacturing records
- Coordinating weekly production plans, as well as reviewing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) daily and manage within standards, investigating & minimizing output variances
- Holding meetings to execute planned production according to demand forecasts & material availability, manage maintenance issues, problem solving and IR issues
- Maintain set level of safety stock and raw materials to meet sales forecasts and orders
- Establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures, and compliance to GMP of the department with use of robust management systems
- Management and controlling of budgets and payments requisitions
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical) essential
- Production/Operations/Business Management qualification advantageous
- Minimum 8 years’ Plant Management experience in manufacturing and production, preferably in FMCG/Personal Care
- Microsoft Office & Syspro experience is required.
Kindly email an update Word/PDF document cv and your id when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please deem your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted withing 2 weeks.