R15k – R20k
Our client based in Phoenix Industrial Park has an exciting opportunity for a qualified PSIR Plumber. Excellent salary offered to the successful incumbent including a company car. If you have over 10 years’ experience, have the relevant qualification, enjoy traveling around KZN, then this position is for you.
Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to);
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, plastering, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
- Prepare budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed, and materials used.
Work Hours & Benefits:
- Monday – Friday (work load to determine hours)
- Overtime if and when required
- Competitive salary offered
- Company vehicle
- Regional site visits daily (KZN only)
Plumber Qualifications / Skills:
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron, and copper
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- PSIR Registered and/or other relevant diploma or certificate
- State plumbing license
- 10 years’ experience as a journeyman plumber
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have own tools