R10k – R15k plus benefits
A leading company that specialises in stationery is seeking the services of a Regional Buyer. The successful incumbent will understand the importance of optimizing business processes. PLEASE NOTE, THAT PERSONS WHO DO NOT POSSESS THE NECESSARY CRITERIA AS SPECIFIED, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Aggressive management of service level agreements.
- Evaluate planning process and formulate strategies for procurement.
- Ensure that timely and accurate information is provided. Identify slow moving stock and excess stock and formulate necessary action plans.
- KPIs tracking and monthly reporting on regional inventory.
- Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (Netstock), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business.
- Ensure that purchase inventory is in line with inventory targets.
- Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s purchasing remains globally competitive.
- Identify new products available to introduce to business.
Education and experience:
- Relevant 4-year Degree/Diploma Minimum of 3 years’ experience of buying / procurement in FMCG
- Experience in demand and supply planning
- Excellent understanding of efficient materials flow and best practice
- Experience in dealing with national suppliers
- Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms
- Confident and assertive; Professional attitude and demeanour
- Adaptable / Flexible approach to work. Strong analytical skills High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel advanced, ERP and BI tools.
- Communication skills at a business level is a key requirement when dealing with suppliers, branches and customers.
Please email cv to [email protected].
Kindly deem your application unsuccessful if you have no response within 2 weeks.