Group Safety & Compliance Manager – Durban
Responsible to manage all Occupational Health and Safety related items on all sites and to ensure compliance with OHS act. Manage environmental issues and ensure compliance to NEMA act. Assess the company’s commitment towards Human Rights in the workplace, business ethics as well as the ETI Base code. The successful incumbent must maintain a register of all registrations, inspections and survey’s that needs to be conducted and ensure that these items are executed. FMCG/Manufacturing sector experience will be an advantage. Proven ability to manage, maintain and deliver against Managerial requirements. Analytical skills are essential. Above average written/oral communications skill, attention for detail, and report writing skills secures this position.
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer on all HSE related matters
- Assess all company activities and determine underlying Occupational Hazards and risk
- Develop risk mitigating controls for the identified Hazards and risks as well as implementation of these controls
- Evaluate effectiveness of the implemented controls
- Manage the company’s impact on the Environment by gathering and analysing environmental impact data.
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the NEMA act and regulations
- Periodically examine the company’s systems to identify protentional areas that might violate the company’s Business Ethics Code
- Periodically examine the company’s systems to identify protentional areas that might violate the company’s Ethical Trade Initiative Base Code
- Maintain the company’s compliance register with regards to all OHS, Environmental issues as well as Municipal bylaws
- Grade 12
- Diploma/ Certificates in Risk Management, Risk Assessments, Legal Liability, Incident Investigation
- 10 years relevant experience
Please email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly deem application unsuccessful if not contacted within 2 weeks.