R75k per month
· Minimum of Matric / Grade 12 / NQF 4 qualification or equivalent
· Diploma in Production management on NQF 6 or equivalent is preferable
· Minimum of 5 years production management experience in a manufacturing / production related industry is preferable.
· Upholstery management experience will be advantage.
· Clear and demonstrable understanding and proven experience in all of the principles of Lean Manufacturing
· Leadership ability, Action orientation, Resilience, Analytical ability, High level of planning skills, Communication Skills, Conceptual Reasoning.
· Comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing / production process
· Comprehensive understanding of the supply and demand chain
· Comprehensive understanding of the production process and maintenance processes required in a production environment
· Understanding of finance, financial systems and the managing of costs and expenditure related to the business to ensure cost effective processes and practices
· Understanding of all related legislation and ability to ensure compliance to relevant legislation
· Understanding of labour relations, grievance procedures and disciplinary procedures and the ability to expedite relevant actions / measures
· Proficient computer literacy on MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and company related software system · Excellent customer and interpersonal skills
· Ability to identify, develop, implement and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures relating to the production and quality related processes
· Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and accurately in English
· Ability to manage the production processes and staff in the plant
· Ability to analyze, optimize and improve overall performance of the equipment, staff and the production processes
· Ability to manage the performance of the staff and discipline staff when required
· Ability to mentor and coach supervisors, team leaders and production workers
· Ability to draw up production planning schedules, monitoring and tracking of compliance against the schedules and the ability to pro-actively take corrective actions on deviations from the production schedules
· Must have own transport and valid driver’s license
· Must be able to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays when required
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.