An exciting opportunity exists for a Sales Rep (Elastomers/Rubber) based in Wadeville, Gauteng. Purpose of the role is to oversees the everyday sales within the region, to manage client relationships by providing excellent customer service. Contacts assigned customer accounts or prospects to sell company products within a designated geography or industry (Elastomers / Rubber).
To oversees the everyday sales within the region, and they work to manage client relationships by providing excellent customer service. Contacts assigned customer accounts or prospects to sell company products within a designated geography or industry (Elastomers / Rubber).
Qualifications and minimum requirements
University / Post Graduate Degree – Chemistry/ Elastomers
5-10 years sales representative experience
Added advantage when you have experience in Elastomers/Rubber environment.
Customer Relationship Development / Prospecting:
Develop and implement a relationship management plan for potential customer accounts to identify and build relationships with relevant decision makers and influencers within the customer organization and to enable effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues.
Customer Needs Clarification:
Set clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; tailor standard materials to make presentations to decision makers and influencers within the customer organization; and ask relevant questions to gather information, to evaluate the customer’s level of interest, and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
Sell Customer Propositions:
Use personal expertise to identify the complex standard products and/or services offered by the organization that meet the customer’s needs, together with quantities and product configurations. Present these to the customer with a clear rationale and at standard commercial terms, referring to senior colleagues where necessary to ask for concessions (e.g., price reduction) that gain the customer’s agreement.
Help establish and implement customer service standards while supervising a customer service team or similar unit. Deal with most complex and valuable issues.
Respond to personal objectives and use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
Financial Management and Control:
Track progress against budgets within established finance systems and report variances to more senior colleagues.
Use strategic planning systems and protocols to support others.
Personal Capability Building:
Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
Optimise Sales Budget and target for the region:
– Manage a regional sales portfolio to achieve budget.
– Manage customer base for optimal sales revenue and volume growth and implement customer pricing to achieve targeted gross profits.
– Establish a comprehensive understanding of customers’ processes, technologies, costs, environmental pressures, etc.
– Leverage this knowledge to generate value-adding customer proposals
– Negotiate and administer sales contracts and tenders
– Report on local market intelligence including competitor activity.
Customer service excellence:
– Analyse and identify market trends. Identify company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, with a view to developing a sales plan for the targeted Sector.
– Emphasis is on defending existing market share and new business development
– Achieve set Working Capital targets by managing Debtors’ Days and Aged Stock
– Understand and adhere to company’s various policies and procedures
Prevented/Mitigated Key customer risks to company:
– Awareness of market and customer trends, preparing regular reports on progress, forecasts and trends to eliminate potential risk to the business.
– Anticipating customer changes and timeously take action to eliminate/prevent/mitigate risk to company.
– Analyse sales figures to ensure early identification of market trends with customers and pro-actively manage potential risks.
– Ensure credits and rebates are managed in line with company policy.
– Advise customers on product/service risks that could reflect negatively on company as intermediary and ensure appropriate referral for and/or solutions development to maintain constructive relations.
Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Builds Networks: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions.
Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
Business Insight: Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Organizational Savvy: Manoeuvres comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Please submit suitable cv’s to email@example.com